Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!



Today in celebration of Earth Day, I will be running in the 2nd annual Earth Day race. It is 99 degrees and probably will be about that temperature during the race. Lucky me! Global warming is upon us and all of us out there today will definitely feel it.

Yesterday I ran just under 9 miles in hot temperatures. It wasn't so pretty. I had to walk more than ever. I am a bit worried at this point in my training. I signed up for a marathon for Memorial Day weekend with only 1 1/2 months to train: 45 days total for training. I figured I would just do it slow and stop and take pictures along the way. It would be more of an experience than a race. Although I think I will end up caring about my time, which is too bad because I don't think it will be a good. But now training is harder than ever with this blistering heat. I have to make sure I'm hydrating properly and not hitting snooze when my alarm goes off. It is better to get out running early. Although I am quite tan now. It's a joy to look at this stranger in the mirror. I also discovered spray on sunscreen. It's the best thing for a desert lover since sliced bread.

Happy Earth Day! Happy Administrative Professionals Day! and Happy 5 days till my birthday!