Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Break In

I walked out to my car this morning to go to work and my passenger door was wide open...that is not a good sign. Turns out my car was broken into and all my makeup stolen. I'm sure the idiot criminals thought they were getting away with credit cards and cash and not used tubes of lipstick and mascara. I called the cops and they dusted for fingerprints. I have never, ever, ever, ever in my entire life ever left my makeup bag in my car. I even looked at it last night and thought...should I just take it in?? And thought, no, I'll leave it in here and do my makeup on the way to work. Big mistake. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and take the small bag into the house. It's not like it weighed a lot or was any amount of work to carry it in, which may have saved me from this.

It doesn't look like anything else was stolen and at least it was just that...$100 worth of Estee Lauder products. I'm sure it was dumped somewhere. It could have been worse, with a car door open my entire car could have been stolen. My radio was left, sports stuff was left, a box of books was left, but now my keyless entry is broken and I have to take it to the dealership tomorrow to have it fixed. More $$$ to spend.

I hope those criminals really needed the used cosmetics. I'd be happy to donate it to them if Estee Lauder's Pink #7 was something they really wanted. Rather than cost me time off of work and the cost of fixing my keyless entry.

It was creepy driving to work knowing strangers had been in my car. I hope I don't find more missing, which is entirely possible.

At least the cop was cute.