Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cloudy Days

I love cloudy days. When I lived in Seattle they were a dime and dozen and sunshine was a novelty. But those days are now reversed. I got up at 5:45am to go on a delicious bike ride. It was beautiful and not hot and sprinkled a bit. I looked down at my watch and was already 45 minutes into my ride and didn't even realize it. I love workouts like that...when time passes quickly.

Today I will be swimming a bit and then getting up early for a swim session with my group tomorrow. I am putting two days of workouts into one day because tomorrow mid-day I go to Salt Lake City for the 4th of July. Looking forward to seeing my family and cooler weather.

I always try to be out of town on the 4th of July. Last year I was in Australia running a marathon, the year before I was in Miami visiting my brother, the year before I was in Seattle visiting friends, and so on.