Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

I got up at 5am this morning to drive to Coronado for the Independence Day 15K (it rhymes!). The place was packed and I didn't run well. In fact, where I usually am at the 10 mile mark was what I finished in....But I walked back to my car and had at least 15 cars drive by asking if I were leaving. I realized I was parked just a block from a 4th of July parade and had a prime parking spot--and parking was at a premium. So I decided to stay and watch the Coronado 4th of July parade, which was three hours long. Wow! It ran the gamut from a moving, living statue of Iwo Jima to Star Wars characters on segways. But at least I did something 4th of Julyish. As I left Coronado Island, all I saw were cars trying to get across the bridge and I have no idea where any of them will park.