Monday, December 21, 2009

Last race

I had my last race of the year this weekend. It caps a year of 30 races ranging from 5K to full Ironman. With 52 weeks a year, I averaged just over 1 race every other week. And I can feel it. My last two races have been harder than I expected and my knees and IT band really hurt.

I think I need a break. I don't think I'll be doing the big rock 'n' roll marathon this year in January. The next few weeks I think I'll run, but at a nice, easy pace. But, I am contemplating doing my first ultra marathon of a 50K distance. Might be an experience to try. So I hope the break I need won't last too long and I get back to feeling normal soon.

I think always having something to train for is filling some kind of social void in my life. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Happy holidays! I love this time of year: eating, eating, eating and baking and looking at lights and singing Christmas carols off tune (at least I do).