Tuesday, November 24, 2009






"Jennifer: You are an Ironman!"

These were the words I have been waiting to hear for years.

I did it! I set out to accomplish a very particular goal and I successfully crossed the finish line. Ironman: 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run--all in succession!

It was awesome! It was hard! It was an experience of a lifetime!

My feet are sore. My feet have blood blisters all over them. All my toe nails are black. My right calf is sore. I can barely walk. And it was all worth every step.

I am now an Ironman for the rest of my life, which is something no one can take from me.

At 8:58pm on Sunday, November 22nd, 2009, I became an Ironman, something few women achieve. In 13 hours and 58 minutes I reached my goal and celebrated down the finish chute.

I love triathlons! I love what my body is able to achieve with just a healthy dose of motivation and a lot of heart.