Thursday, September 17, 2009

Working hard

I am hard at work with training. I just did a 15 mile run and then Friday before work I will do an 18 mile run and then Saturday I am doing a 2 hour bike ride followed by an open water swim. Sunday I do a 6 hour bike ride...6 hours is an awfully long time to be seated in a saddle. I truly am trying to dig deep to find the motivation for that...I can only listen to my iPod for so long before I get tired of the songs and the radio plays the Black Eyed Peas at least 6 times an hour. So I'll try. It's still very hot and training in heat is very hard on the body.

I have been contemplating a hair color change for a while. I've been blonde (fake blonde) for about 13 years now. I'm thinking of going brunette for a while. Chlorine makes the blonde just wash out anyway and it's expensive to up keep, although I've been doing it for so long. Might be fun to see what life is like on the other side. I really don't remember what it is like having dark hair. I have no one to impress, so if it doesn't work for me, it's not like it'll really matter. I haven't been very social lately. Just training, working in an office where I don't have much interaction with people, and watching television.

I am addicted to the Real Housewives of (fill in city) series. I also am loving the Rachel Zoe Project. I just like seeing all the beautiful fashion and dreaming of far away lands where I get to be dressed up and have people do my hair and makeup and look fabulous or "bananas," as Rachel would say. But no walking red carpets for me in Dior and Jimmy Choos high heels. Instead it is jogging paths in Under Armour and New Balance shoes. At least I'm more comfortable.

I am working on a positive outlook on life. So I am listing a few things that make me happy:
1. With my love of running, I can eat sweets and no guilty feeling comes.
2. I like being alone. Most people aren't introverted, so when they are alone, they hate it. I love it.
3. I will have straight teeth when these braces come off. I think that will be the happiest day of my life.