Saturday, May 23, 2009

Off to the races

Last evening I fell asleep by 9pm, so tired from living a day among the land of models. It's exhausting.

Then I woke up at midnight, as my room overlooks a restaurant with a large patio and on a Saturday night, people are awake and have a lot to talk about till 2am. I woke up at 5am wide awake once again and just lied in bed. Then at 6:30am on the dot, alarm clocks went off all down the hall. Apparently, I am not the only marathoner staying in this "H" hotel. I got to breakfast, as the hotel serves breakfast, and all these lanky, muscular calved people wearing their marathoner shirts and "I've done 100 marathons" jackets were milling about. It's intimidating, especially because I have done less than a handful of long runs for this race and my gastronomic choices haven't exactly been pre-race fare: Belgian waffles, ice cream bars and foccacia pizza. Oh well, too late now. I'll be carrying a camera as well, so I'll be packing more than usual.

It will just be a nice little run through a beautiful city. It will be just a "running tour". And today is nicer weather. So hopefully the sun will hold... "picnic weather" as they say here.