Thursday, April 16, 2009

Observations

My neck pain is getting better. I saw Aaron at Massage Envy last evening and he has magical hands with a golden touch. I don't have full range of motion yet, but it is much better. I think he will be the new guy I'm seeing--unfortunately he charges by the hour ;) I haven't had a massage since May 2008 in Las Vegas, so it's long overdue. I usually don't spend money on such luxuries. I'd rather spend money on an iPod or a trip, but sometimes a little relaxation is a few dollars well spent.

I went out for lunch yesterday because what I brought was stolen at work. I swear it's like junior high all over again. Anyway, while I was sitting waiting for my food, this lady at the next table over had me oddly fascinated. She was taking a toothpick, dipping it into mayonnaise and swirling circles around her plate. Anyone who does that is either bored or has something on the mind. Since I had to wait an absurdly long time for my order, I began to study this woman. I looked at her eyes and they were full of sadness. You know when someone's eyes speak volumes and you can just feel in your heart how they are feeling. I was mesmerized by her and just wanted to reach over and give her a hug. She was older with a flushed face that was significantly chapped, like she had been outside for about 2 years too long. She then laid her toothpick down gently on her plate, grabbed her napkin and held it over her face. What was she thinking? What was her story? I'll never know, but my heart goes out to this random lady doodling with condiments at Wildflower Bread Company yesterday.

I had to take the day off from working out because of my neck, but hopefully will be able to run tonight. We'll see! Hope my races go okay this weekend. Kind of nervous already. Want it to be Sunday afternoon when I can relax.