Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was spent with a large group of people consuming excessive amounts of food--just the way Easter should be spent. I started the day with a trip to the park to see all the children dressed in their Easter best--hoards of families picnicing, bbqing, playing football, and children feeding the ducks. One gentleman put a smile on my face. He was a rather alternative fellow dressed in black with long hair riding a dirt bike, but on his arm was a traditional picnic basket with red and white cloth hanging out from it. He looked a bit emasculated if I do say so myself.

After the trip to the park, I met a big group for a delicious dinner of all the trimmings and ate myself silly.

I am training for an upcoming marathon soon. I just decided at the last minute to do a marathon next month, so not much time to train. Crazy? I definitely think so. I also watched the Ironman 70.3 Championships on television yesterday and it was so inspirational. I saw a man carry his disabled son throughout the race. They swam together, the dad carried him on his bike for all 56 miles, then pushed him as he ran the half marathon. They finished in over 8 hours, but what an accomplishment. The show also listed all those who won the lottery for the Ford Ironman Championships in Hawaii and my old coach in Utah was selected. Congrats Dave! Good luck to you.

I was biking on my trainer when I watched the show and it made me feel really lazy :(