Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!

My birthday weekend started with a cute decorating of my office by some very nice co-workers. I received chocolates and a plant, which I vow to not kill. At least not this week.

Then I set off to Los Angeles to meet up with some family friends. Saturday morning my mom, family friend Vicki, and I started out the day early to catch a bus to the Los Angeles Festival of Books. It was a really big deal. We had two authors on our bus discuss their books and writing and all the beautiful literary parts of their lives. Then we hit the festival where I went to a panel with Diahann Carroll, listened to Kristin Chenoweth, Alyssa Milano, Brooke Shields, Tom Bergeron from Dancing with the Stars, and the people of Millionaire Matchmaker from Bravo TV. It was a beautiful day and I am so jealous of all that LA has to offer. An appearance by any one of these stars would be a big deal in my homestate and would probably cost money, but here it was all gratis.


Tom Bergeron and I


Millionaire Matchmaker Gang


Diahann Carroll


Kristin Chenoweth


Brooke Shields

Then after all this, we got on the bus to come back to Pasadena. On the bus ride, there was a drawing for two bags of books--two winners total. This entire bus was full and guess who won? My mom and I. Out of all the people on the bus, we won both of the bags chock full of books. Unfortunately, the books were pretty much bottom of the barrel books: How to Build a Spaceship, Top Ramen and I, Your Best Birth Ever, The Joys of Knitting, etc, etc, but still...I won something!

Then I met my great uncle who lives in Pasadena for dinner. He bought me a delicious gourmet cake.