Wednesday, June 9, 2010

San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon

I completed my 23rd half marathon this past week in America's finest city. The day started out with a wake-up call at 4:15am for a 6:15am start time. The emcee of the race was Samantha Harris of Dancing with the Stars fame. She is as annoying at 6am as when she was on the show.

The race was a rolling hills run with a few miles on the freeway. The marathon split apart from the half and at one point, the half ran alongside the full and the top athletes ran next to the runners in the half. So I got to run alongside the group of Kenyans and see their special nutrition stations and pacers. They passed me like I was standing still.

I also went to the beach and saw Coronado Island for the first time. I laid on a towel in the sand and did absolutely nothing :) I came back into Phoenix to 110 degrees and icky, unbearable heat, of course. It's Phoenix!